Fuel lines...

F

FiXXXeR

Fuel hoses that go into the boot then into the cap where the tank is.. mine are frial and weak one is leaking.. Typical old fuel lines.. I want to replace all return lines and pressure lines! Whats the best way to go about it?

Remove the tank?! or...

Thanks Matt-

F

FiXXXeR

is there a way to replace the fuel lines without droppin the tank?

O

Odin

FiXXXeR said:
is there a way to replace the fuel lines without dropping the tank?

No.

It's not that hard mate, It just looks a right nightmare :cry: .

You just need to undo the 2 hub nuts that hold the shock on each side of the car, Take the calipers off so you don't brake the brake lines or remove the lines its up to you.

Unplug the ABS sensors and if you want to pull the subframe out all together you will need to release the handbrake cables from the calipers, And undo them from their mounting point on the bottom of the diff (10mm) so soak well with WD40.

once you've done that you can undo the four big (very hard to undo lol) bolts that hold the subframe on, Use a big braker bar.

Once you've got the subframe out of the way you can then start on the tank,First job is to unplug all the tank pump connectors in the boot, You will then need to release the hose clamp that holds the tank filler hose on, Then the 3 rubber fuel lines that go towards the front of the car, you will see where to undo them once your under the car, they join the metal lines just at the back of the tank.

The 3 hoses are one for fuel going forward one for fuel return and the other one is the tank breather and goes to the charcoal canister in the engine bay, So now you've done all that you can release the tank straps and drop the tank down, It's best to do this with very little fuel in the tank if you don't want to get covered in fuel lol.

You can then replace all the hoses on the top of the tank, You will be surprised just how many there are :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

™ƒũ†ũ®Э●ŤђЦĞĞϊη™

braided hoses dude gives better fuel pressure and delivery

F

FiXXXeR

Well i def will have to drop the tank... The return line is too brittle and weak and its not worth having it wepping a bit...