Front Outer C.V Joints (What others fit?)

J

jiw

Hi, having a bit of a bad week, first the rad, replaced that with a full new rad with double copper cores now my C.V joints are clicking on the front, i already bought a spare shaft off a forum member but it seems as though he has ROBBED ME BLIND :evil:

Do any other nissan joints fit i.e nissan sunny gti or primera/almera etc, just i do not want to pay the price for pulsar bits as some people want £120 per corner which i think is daylight robbery for 13 year old cv joints.

Any help would be appreciated as the festive season is skinning me dry already, i dont need to be buying overpriced spares too.

Rant over :lol:

Cheer's, jeff :wink:

J

John Mc

Hi Jeff,

I had the same clicking noise a while back, the CV boots and steering rack boots on both sides had split! The CV boots had lost most of their grease, thus the joint started running dry. I checked the CV joints when I changed the boots and they were absolutely fine, no pitting on the faces whatsoever. Changed the boots, filled with grease, job done 8) No noise since and that was a couple of months ago now :D

I think, but don't quote me on it :oops: , you get a loud cracking noise when the joints gone!

Cheers

John

J

jiw

Yeah he robbed me blind, sold me a joint with a half inch by quarter inch chunk of metal floating about, this chunk had kindly detached itself from the spherical part of the joint, he also sold me some boot struts which fail miserably, the car is being broken for spares and he is only selling the parts via ebay, his location is in Northallerton, he may also forget to mention the fact that the car has spent some of its life in a local reservoir!!!

got a useless spare now anyway so im gonna go to a few breakers yards and see what else fits and i'll let you know, cheer's, jeff :wink: