front lower engine mount bar

mad max

the two main bolts that hold the bar one is only half in is it a nut and bolt or a threaded bolt that goes into the sub frame (cant move the bolt seized)

T

tro||

bolts.......... if you're on about the cross memeber that bolts to the chasis infront of the engine

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Do you mean the engine stabiliser? It's like an engine mount, (bar about 8 inches long below the radiator), if so, one end is nut and bolt and the other end is bolt into captive nut, but I can't remember which one is which. If you have one bolt out, then the other is the other (nut and bolt, or vice versa) if that makes sence.:?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If it's the bit sticking up in the middle, then as I said above. If it's the whole big thing, then I don't know as I haven't had to revomve mine yet.

mad max

thats the part one of the end bolts is loose and i can move it if i pull on it tried to do it up but will no move

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I assume that's a nut and bolt then (unless the captive nut has come off) Try undoing it, (or even the other end to find out, assuming you don't own the part in the picture) if you still can't budge it, then a decent penetrating oil or loctite freezing spray may help you remove it.

O

Odin

That front bar can be a right pig if its never been off before, The best way is to soke if for about a week with loads of WD40 or DUCK OIL, Then use a massive 1/2" breaker bar on the b@stard thing lol......

But try doing it up a little first as this will help it break free of all the rust, After getting it off try running a tap through the threads, And cover the bolts with copper slip when you re fit them...

Rob

mad max

Thunder God said:
That front bar can be a right pig if its never been off before, The best way is to soke if for about a week with loads of WD40 or DUCK OIL, Then use a massive 1/2" breaker bar on the b@stard thing lol......

But try doing it up a little first as this will help it break free of all the rust, After getting it off try running a tap through the threads, And cover the bolts with copper slip when you re fit them...

Rob
you were right what a pig of a job still all done now
thanks martyn