Fried coil??

MORF114

Today i put my engine back in my car wired it all up correctly so i think pretty sure it all is checked it all so many times there is no skin left on my wrists, I went to start car and wouldnt start i noticed i had the wires on the coil back to front (i dont have a oem coil)

I have fuel pressure and i have spark but its the smallest of sparks and not as it should spark if you know what i mean

I have a jumper pack on the battery charging while im not turninng it over so the battery has plenty of charge in it, its confused the hell out of me :? :? :?

If i started the car with the wires on back to front on the coil would it fry it enough to not give a decent spark??

P

pulsarboby

hi karl
+ side comes from ignition (you should get 12v when ignitions turned on if you check with multimeter)

you wont fry the coil by just turning it over, check all your other connections and earths

possibly a dodgy ignition amplifier module!
which isnt connected in photo

MORF114

the whole ignition system is brand new done less than 1 hour running time photo was just one i took when i was stripping car to take engine out so i wouldnt forget which way round those wires went:doh:

Im completely stumped to why it wont start re earthed everything too, sure its something simple, gonna change my coil and amp to my msd stuff see if it is my ignition system, better to rule it out and see what else it may be.

MORF114

Still wont work with msd amp and coil :? getting 12v from + and nothing from the earth which maybe the problem :? no - reading on multi meter, cranks over for about a second when original earth is connected to coil but if i ground the coil straight to earth it will crank over untill i stop turning the key which has me slightly puzzled to why its doing that as nothing has been changed :? :? :? :? oh well keep scratching my head and fiddling about with wires.

Since i had the sm4 fitted most of the wiring loom under the bonnet is different to last time i put engine back in but all the wires are cut to length to the plugs so the wires will only reach to correct plugs plus i took shit loads of photos for reference.

Just trying to figure out why im getting no/little spark,
Do you think it could be the ign amp or does it sound like a connecter somewhere is wrong?

MORF114

Spark plugs were so saturated they wouldnt spark even after taking them out and cleaning them several times, 4 new ik27's runs like a dream now, so happy!!