forged pistons?

Fire & skill

Vintage member
going to look at an R with a friend - he's the one looking, im just there to look it over. i know theres a trick where you take out a spark plug and shine a torch down to see the piston, am i right in thinking if i see a number stamped on it the pistons are standard? its just CRD did work to it and seemingly a lot of internal work incl hks pistons, just dont want him buying a dog :?

it can run up to 2bar boost as well 8)

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Fire & skill said:
going to look at an R with a friend - he's the one looking, im just there to look it over. i know theres a trick where you take out a spark plug and shine a torch down to see the piston, am i right in thinking if i see a number stamped on it the pistons are standard? its just CRD did work to it and seemingly a lot of internal work incl hks pistons, just dont want him buying a dog :?

it can run up to 2bar boost as well 8)

Remove the spark plug... Shine an LED down the hole... Look as far to the edge of the piston as you can... STD Pistons have 54C stamped on them...

Rishi

Dooie Pop Pop

they also have a round casting /\/\ark on top in the /\/\iddle its a bit fiddly to see but you can /\/\ake it out if you have a strong enough torch :wink: