Forged engine

Nissangt

I was looking for opinions and thoughts
i have been offered the chance to buy a built forged engine for a very good price the engine is at the engine builders and has never been run yet.
the bottom end has eagle rods acl pistons new steel crank,acl bearings through out,new oil pump water pump etc,but has a standard head gasket so I'm going to change that for an hks steel gasket,but the thing I am unsure about is cams,valves, spring etc what's the best options or combinations ?????
And what turbo would be best to use ????
I am looking to get around 400-450 bhp
any input would be much appreciated

rich1216

I was looking for opinions and thoughts
i have been offered the chance to buy a built forged engine for a very good price the engine is at the engine builders and has never been run yet.
the bottom end has eagle rods acl pistons new steel crank,acl bearings through out,new oil pump water pump etc,but has a standard head gasket so I'm going to change that for an hks steel gasket,but the thing I am unsure about is cams,valves, spring etc what's the best options or combinations ?????
And what turbo would be best to use ????
I am looking to get around 400-450 bhp
any input would be much appreciated
It all depends what your building it for? im just doing mine and ive spent hours working out cam durations and lift to match how my turbo acts but im a pervert when it comes to stuff like that :lol:

Nissangt

Lol I just want a fast road car,possible 1/4 mile on the odd occasion but I would rather do it all when the heads off for the gasket then once it's fitted that will be it fingers crossed

rich1216

Lol I just want a fast road car,possible 1/4 mile on the odd occasion but I would rather do it all when the heads off for the gasket then once it's fitted that will be it fingers crossed
If you dont want to go to crazy id run a set of hks 264 cams and hybrid 28 like from owen developments if its mainly street you would make 400 but 450 is pushing it without going to gt30 which will be alot more cost theres also your fueling,maf,manifold,map,gearbox etc etc to consider

Nissangt

What's the best cost effective gearbox options ? And what manifolds the best to use as there seems to be bad stories about all tubular manifolds ? I'm not to bothered about it reving it's head off so standard valves and springs ?

sorry for all the questions I'm on my 3rd r but have never really ventured above the basics front mount exhaust boost controller etc

johnny gtir

hassel free stick to standard manifold port it and uprate at least the elbow or better still a full 3inch system.i personally would not worry about head work to much unless you have cash spare.gear box options are second hand quaife or similar brace it will help but by all means not make it unbreakable