forge oil Separator

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Yes and no.

It's not going to be filled with 20 years of gunk and it will do away with recycling the crank case emissions and blow-by oil into the inlet. - I think it's the most elegant of the available catch-cans because it allows you to collect and drain-back to the sump the oil whilst venting any gasses (so it's a complete replacement of the original system). If I was going to buy one, this is the one I'd buy.

If all you want is a catch can, you can use a biscuit tin for a fraction of the cost and exactly the same effect (oily vapour goes in; oil collects at the bottom, and vapour escapes from the top). I'm pretty sure DD Autosports used an empty beer can on Craig's car, but a biscuit tin probably looks a little neater.

It's not something you need. If you don't get a lot of oil in the inlet system, then it's probably an overkill; if you're pushing the engine on the track and drag strip, it could prove useful.

t16coupe

just a road car and dont realey use it hard had a full rebuild 20.000 km ago and dont use oil between service intervals am i best off spending money elce where

geoff pine

Yes i have had one for around six years its not to keen on being set on the passenger inner wing it works best fixed to the slam panel as close to the engine as you can get it .