Forge Actuator - Boost Issues

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Whipped the turbo off the car yesterday to install a new Forge Actuator (straight rod) as I'm upping the boost on the car and the standard unit was having issues trying to hold it.

However since I've fitted it, the car will not boost over 0.4bar?

A couple of things I did notice was the bracket that came with the actuator looks like its the wrong design and won't fit correctly, it didn't seem like it would fit correctly (bearing in mind this is a GTiR ordered unit).
I've used the original OEM bracket for the time being so I could fit the unit on the car.

I've also noticed that the actuator doesn't seem to keep the waste gate firmly shut, its almost like the actuator rod is too long and even with it wound in to its max point it seems not wanting to keep it firmly shut?

The Forge actuator had the blue (1.0 bar?) washer in it, I have added a dawes device added to play with the boost (also removed to check actuator) just need some feedback if people have had any issues with installing a Forge actuator or any tips for me to check.

There are no boost issues pre-installation or leaks.

Other than that have I been sent the wrong actuator?

Cheers

geoff pine

I have just had a look at mine it was bought direct from forge as a1 bar gtir actuator with the straight bar its on a standard turbo( bought it for my disco spud as yet unfitted)its fitted on the standard bracket . The bracket it came with would not fit i had to space the actuator from the bracket to make it fit looks like two washers per bolt and i had no problems on the rolling road day .As yours is none standard it may not fit any way :lol: :lol:;-)

red reading

""I've also noticed that the actuator doesn't seem to keep the waste gate firmly shut.""

If the wastgate is not firmly shut it would'nt build or hold boost.................simplezzzz

Last edited:

MarkTurbo

I've got a feeling I had to cut the threaded part of the rod down on mine. And I used the original bracket too as I'm not sure what the bracket that comes with it is for but it definatly wasn't a gti-r :lol:

geoff pine

I've got a feeling I had to cut the threaded part of the rod down on mine. And I used the original bracket too as I'm not sure what the bracket that comes with it is for but it definatly wasn't a gti-r :lol:
I did think of cutting the thread but could not be arsed so used the washers instead :lol: different method same result:lol:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
If the wastgate is not firmly shut it would'nt build or hold boost.................simplezzzz[/FONT]
That was my main reason for posting...

I was keen to see if anyone else has had similar issues with fitting the forge actuator.

Seems odd that they would supply the wrong bracket for the turbo and with the waste gate not shutting tightly seems a little odd.

Looks like I'll cut the thread down and try again....

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Is it another one of those cases where someone decided that a GTi-R fitment is the same as an S14 Silvia so they don't bother to give you the right bracket/arm of it?