Forced Air Induction

R

riske

Anyone fitted one of these or made their own? I know a lot of people have the air filters but havn't seen anyone with anything else.You see i was thinking having a flow from perhaps the hole in the bumper to force air up to the filter. I have seen track cars with the left headlight replaced with a breather to obviously help air flow but fancied one for everyday use.

All ideas welcome.

Perhaps pointers into telling me if it ain't broke don't fix it. But why? Thanks:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
do a few searches here and you will find you have a few options of ways to "feed" your engine cool air. Search for the headlight duct and/or air box.

GTIR-LOZ

cant you just run abit of ducting up through the brake vent to the air filter so its in the standard position

gtir_pimp

you can buy a cold air feed from pipercross which is a bit of flexi pipe for around £25 depending on what size you want. i am thinking of doing this as its the easiest option i think

sadsy

whats wrong with my headlight vents!!! apart from being illegal and apparently too expensive lol

R

riske

Yeah i like the headlight vent but like you said they are illegal!! looking for something just like mines. Draw that then make it..lol. Then don't price it too expensive :)
You'll get good business

gtir_pimp

nimhbk said:
the quality was crap
really:shock: why?

the thing is flexi pond pipe or other DIY stuff will do the job but look crap. my mates using 3" plastic pipe from the plumbing shop and it looks crap. (no offence if your reading mate):lol:

D

Damo

Does anyone actually make the one like you have Mines or are they a labour of love?

nimhbk

pipercross there flexi tube is like tinfoil rips very easy. (and no offence taken fella im not to bothered about the looks as long as it does the job fella and come on fella are pride and joys look shocking anyway thats part of there fun)

MORF114

This is mine.

My air filter is right behind my rad on the end of the compressor housing has a ali sheild between rad and filter with the tin foil pipe feeding air from the hole in bumper