fog light switch question

A

Ash

I remember seeing on here a picture of a fog light switch in the center console, next to the hazard light and rear demister switches.
The switch had a picture of a headlight with lines coming out of it, similar to the style of the rear demister logo.

I have just looked for the last hour and a half through posts on here, but can't find the image again :(

does anyone have a picture of this style of switch?
and also know what it came out in from factory? (im guessing it was the sunny GTI?)

thanks
Ash

Curtis

If you mean a rear fog light switch, any Sunny will have one. Imports don't as a fog light is not needed aboard. A front fog light was only on the GTI and SR I believe and is a totally different switch that goes where our coin holder is.
Hope that helps...

A

Ash

sorry, I should have been more clear. I wasn't originally talking about the rear fog light, but now you mention it, that it possibly what it is for :)
(as I only saw the photo of the switch, and I had no idea what it operated)
this is the switch style I was talking about. Just like the demister switch, only with a logo of a light on it.

the logo looked something like this:

anyone seen this before on that N14 style of dash switch?

A

Anonymous

Yeau, I have that fog light switch on my lhd sunny GTiR...

we don't have any coin holders over here.

M

Mart

Yeah i got mine from a breakers too, they are everywhere, i ripped 3 apart just to get the bulbs out of them! :roll:

ASH,
Why do u need 3 rear demisters? :shock: lol or have u just wired them differently?

I might be able to get a couple if anyones is interessted?

A

Ash

WJ said:
Yeau, I have that fog light switch on my lhd sunny GTiR...

we don't have any coin holders over here.
ah, cool, success :D thanks for that!

Mart said:
Yeah i got mine from a breakers too, they are everywhere, i ripped 3 apart just to get the bulbs out of them! :roll:
tsk tsk, can't you just unscrew the bulb holders on top of the switch??

Mart said:
ASH,
Why do u need 3 rear demisters? :shock: lol or have u just wired them differently?

I might be able to get a couple if anyones is interessted?
One, was for intercool water spray, one was still rear demister, and the last is high/low boost switch.

If you, or anyone else, could get hold of one of these switches, that would be great. I want one for driving lights I plan on installing.
Can someone post a picture of one please?

thanks everyone for the info

A

Ash

would someone have one of these fog light switches they would want to sell?
or alternatively, if I transfer some money for it, would someone be able to get one from a wreckers for me and post it to an address in London??
please??

A

Ash

I'm still after one of these switches and the plug that goes into the back:

if anyone is going to a breakers, can they grab it for me and I will buy it.
...or if anyone has one already they want to sell.

thanks

celm

hey i have extra rear de-froster switches that i want to use as fog light switches.can someone make a diagram on how to run the wires to work with fog lights

Shouldn't the wires for the factory spoties be behind the dash somwhere so you can just find those and plug them straight into the switch??

I know my car has extra plugs up near the headlights im assuming these are the wires for the factory spotlight kit that wasnt installed.

Even tho most gtir's dont have the factory spotties the wires should still be there so all you need are some spotties and the factory switch.

Although i cant remember seeing any spare plugs for the switch behind the dash it must be there somwhere.

Im keen to know if im right can someone have a look (im to lazy at the mo) :wink:

celm

hey Austin
i think your car had the wire cause your car originally had factory spotties.but someone in japan took them off

Have you looked at your car to see if you have those plugs?
I would be very suprised if it doesn't.

When cars are manufactured they should within reason get all the same wiring(loom) installed throughout the car as it would be to much of a pain in the arse to go back and install it later.

I know cars iv looked at in the past have had the spareplugs for option parts that wernt installed in the car from factory. eg. evo4's have the wiring for optional 3 gauge pack to be installed in the dash you just buy the gauges from mitsi and plug them into the wires behind the dash.

The factory spottie wiring inside the car would have to go through a fuse box or somthing like that

celm

austingtir im sorry!!
wile i was doing my forge FMIC im like what the hell are thses plugs to :?: :?: .then i was like i should had looked at my shop manual first before opening up my mouth.i do have those same plugs in my engine bay.now do u know if the other part of the wire harnes is in the cabin?if so would it work if u put the fog light switch and a set of fogs on??

I havent looked for the wiring harness/plug inside the dash, even if it's not there it doesnt matter whehn you get the switch from a wreckers yard take note of the wiring inside the donor car as you might have to remove the wiring inside the car from the donor car.

They may not have installed the interior wiring for the switch as that is just a case of running the wire from the switch to the interior fuse box.

The fuse for the optional spotties is the 5th one up from the bottom on the right hand side of the fuse box.

The factory cibie spotties may have a relay on them so thats somthing to take note of you may need to put aftermarket relays on the end of those plugs up by the headlights althoug i haven't checked this to find out.

A

Ash

for my boost switch, I took the demister switch from another GTI-R, and snipped the plug off that plugs into the back of the switch....then all I had to do was wire up the positive and negative from the boost solenoid, and connect another positive to the little orange light in the demister switch (and the negative runs to the boost solenoid negative wire).

I plan on doing the same with the fog light switch (if I can ever get hold of one), then running the wire from the switch to the fuse panel, like austingtir said, and then to the fog lights.....and hopefully hook them up to the high/low beams on the steering column.

...anyone got a fog light switch ;) I still want one... :cry:

I just want the gen cibie spotlight kit been looking for four years no luck. :cry:

The wires behind the centre of the dash should be there i reckon tho.

A

Ash

HEAR YE!
A massive thanks goes out to Mart, who got hold of the fog light switch I was after.
I recieved it today, and it is perfect, will do the job fantastically.

I will post some pics when I get the lights installed.

Thanks again man.