fog light dash telltale

donnydave

My Pulsar failed its MOT on a couple of easy things, but one of them was a bit frustrating - no dash indicator light when the rear fog light is turned on. There doesn't seem to be a position in the instrument cluster where a light would be. Can a car fail on something that was never fitted in the first place? Should the switch itself illuminate? Only way round this I can see is hacking into the switch wiring and putting an LED somewhere with a FOG LIGHT label next to it, which offends me greatly.

interestingly if I turn the fog light switch on with nothing else turned on then all the dash backlight turns on.

donnydave

Sorry false alarm, I think I've solved this thanks to reading the MOT manual properly. Section 1.3 Note 1 Method of inspection: "Some tell-tales may be in the form of a coloured tag on a switch" All I have to do is put a bright orange sticky label on the top part of the fog light rocker switch so when the fog light is on... TADAAAA the orange bit is showing :)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Just buy a rocker switch that has a built in light when the fog is on. That's probably what most of us have.

johnny gtir

Why not just fit a standard n14 fog light switch ?
And yes needs to light up so you know it's on as don't want to be driving round if it is not foggy

johnny gtir

If your lights are on and you press it yes (unless wired in wrong) you can see the light in switch even if it's not on if you look close

donnydave

Ah yes its broke then, went out to the car last night to check and it doesn't illuminate. I'll get on to Bob at GTiRUS to see if hes got a replacement :)