Fitting an alarm

JU5TY

Has anyone fitted a Clifford Concept 600 with Intellistart?
Im thinking about giving it a go, don’t reckon it will be to hard… :?: :D

I assume most people don’t as you need the certificate from a qualified fitter for the insurance. But that part isn’t a problem... :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Insurance companies normally require a certificate of intstallation from an authorised dealer to give any cat1 discounts. I'm not sure how it would affect the warranty either.

J

jonnyboy

:shock: blimey, just had one of these fitted to mine and it took the pros 5 hours :shock:

JU5TY

Fast Guy said:
Insurance companies normally require a certificate of intstallation from an authorised dealer to give any cat1 discounts.
That part isnt a problem...

Thanks for the info on msn Andy, I pick the alarm up tomorrow, will take it from there...

jonesgti_r

have moved cliffords from car 2 car before now.You can get pretty comprehensive fitting data from the net.

Its not that tough if you have a fair knowledge of car electrics and plenty of patience

C

Crazy

I also have the Clifford Concept 600 and I have been trying to find a decent local company to fit it but I have been quoted anything from £180 to £300 + vat and that is for just fitting :shock:

All the places I have been to have stated that it is a 5-6 hour job, that is the main reason why I did not give it a go myself :(

R

rsnissan

It would probably take longer if it was their own alarm :wink: . Most of the probs people have with Clifford’s/alarms is in the installation.

I have taken out a few and refitted them to get rid of temperamental problems. Some of them were taped up connections, scotch locks and rusty bullet connectors :shock:

Best way to do it is keep the wiring short tidy and neat. Solder every connection and use heat shrink. The only ones that wont be soldered are the alarm OEM plugs.

It aint hard just time consuming but well worth the effort if u don’t want grief.

M

memski

And if you let Winston do something on your car you will end up with half the interior ripped out :lol:

R

rsnissan

u sure u not just using him as a scapegoat for your own peverted weight saving measures :wink:

Big up the on-the-fly mp3 player wiring at 90 mph 8) :shock:

M

memski

lol :wink:

Yeah that was some high risk WRC shit along the M1 8) :lol: (Colin McRae listens to mp3s when rallying you know :roll: )

A

Anonymous

fitting alarm

:lol: i am a qualifed alarm and stereo fitter, so if you want any advice then leave me a message i should be able to help