fitment of HKS SSQ

Hi people, just got hold of an HKS SSQ bov and am having a small problem with my vacuum pipe (i'm talking the skinny pipe) having too large an internal diameter to fit on the small brass coloured nipple on the bottom of the bov. As far as i know the vac pipe is standard as it fitted the standard recirc fine.

Has anybody else had this problem, and if so, how did they fix it or do i need some kind of adapter? It came from a Pulsar and the fella who sold it to me said it fitted his fine... :?

Thanks

andygtir

are you sure its not just stretched from where it was fitted to the re-circ, try cutting 10mm off and see then.

Shaun

:D Hi mate,the reason that your having a problem is that the HKS SSBV comes with a filter that is bigger on the one side to the other :wink:

Shaun- don't understand :oops:
Andy- Thought about that, but on closer inspection, the outside diameter of the pipe is also too large to fit into the groove cut into the BOV.

Thanks keep 'em coming... :lol:

Shaun

:wink: Sorry mate,not explaining myself very well :wink: Right,when you buy the HKS SSBV from new,you get a little black filter,one side of the filter has a larger diameter vacum fitting that the other side.The larger side fits directly to the standard size vacum hose and the smaller side connects to a smaller diameter vacum hose that is also supplied in the kit that then connects to the smaller metal nipple on the back of the SSBV.

Hope this clears things up :wink:

Shaun

:D Hi mate,The filter is not really that important :D If you go to a decent motorfactor,they usually have a "NIKNAK"rack where you get little odd ments in packets,usually with alphabet prices(you no the sort),well you can get a plastic reducer to do the same thing :wink: