fibreglass and carbon fibre doors anyone?(prices added)

S

srbpower

Sorry missed a bit guys, a 'pillarless' door is cheaper to produce. We were quoted 850 - 900 on a pillarless door. So a full door would be more :(

Hope that helps.
Si :)

A

antilag

these doors would b a direct replacement basically so all fittings would go straight on i dnt no the details on the carbon ect but i no its top quality these guys build race cars for a living and im very impressed buy there work

i agree and think that is is very cheap and resonable really especially wen the quality will b very good the only downside is that to make good bits the moulds have to b $hit hot and thats wats costing the money thats y the doors are gonna b around 400 to 450 so i can get sum cash back for the moulds
glass fibre ones are cheaper then that :p

A

antilag

if i had more people involved the price can cum down further and the price is for carbon fibre inside and out with all the inside speaker holes ect cut out ready for the door card and electrics to b fitted

S

srbpower

Have they given you any indication of costs for the tooling?

S

srbpower

Oh yes and guys this is very very very cheap for a carbon door so if you really what to shed weight get some 8) do it :D

A

antilag

yeh but id like to keep it private :wink: as im the mug buying it and if no one wants any doors my doors will have cost me into the thousands :cry:

but im gonna do it regardless of anyone else wanting them :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Will you be using doors that have been "bent" to eliminate the wind noise problem?
Would they all have to be done together? I'd like to see your doors fitted before I commited myself. :wink:

A

antilag

its on hold atm as i wanna get the car running first as im gonna try to have it bak on the road in the next 6 weeks :cry:

A

antilag

well if theres a group buy involved then it ent a problem cos we can split the costs