Federal RSR tyres

skiddusmarkus

Anyone used these?Am thinking of getting a set.It seems thy are in between a road trye and a semi slick, not too far behind an 888 on track but still ok for the road, even in the rain.Obviously the wear won't be fantastic but I'm not too fussed as my annual mileage is tiny anyway.
My thinking is I can do a few trackdays on them without having to take a spare set of wheels, plus I should be able do 1/4 miles in them without putting too much strain on the transmission.Sort of a jack of all trades but master of none is what I am after.

MarkTurbo

Heard good reviews about these. They'll be a bit off the dry grip of R888's but if they work out cheaper and are more of an all round tyre thats not a bad thing.

I want to try a set of the Federal FZ201's, they look like they'd have more grip than R888's. Unfortunately they cost more too :doh:

Hybrids

[SUB]Bit of a thread resurrection.
i race in the Nippon Challenge and we run Federal as a control tyre, the 595RSR I have only run in the wet bar 1 occasion, they are predictable on the limit, better in the dry than something like a Toyo T1R.

The FZ201... Not impressed, they take 2 to 3 laps to come on, once warm they are as good as a R888, but despite the manufacturer claiming they are a dedicated race tyre, I don't believe they are better.
When I was running a Mitsubishi Mirage earlier this year we did back to back testing at Donington, the R888 was consistently .8 second a lap quicker.

The Nippon is only 15 min races, I used to do some Tin Top races with the CSCC, these were 40 mins, this year at Anglesey despite a safety car period. I found the FZ201 to go off after around 30 mins.

The FZ201 medium is harder than the Toyo medium.
Hopefully the heavier Pulsar will suit the FZ201 better than they did the Cyborg[/SUB]

P

pulsarboby

i run the 595s on my tvr and i gotta say im impressed with them although ive not had the car on track.
there more grippy than yoko paradas and toyo t1r's as stated above

the only thing i have noticed on my tvr is that on both front tyres the sidewalls have bubbled up yet theres loads of tread left on them, ive had to get 2 new ones, so whether theres an issue with them or what i dont know

MarkTurbo

The FZ201... Not impressed, they take 2 to 3 laps to come on, once warm they are as good as a R888, but despite the manufacturer claiming they are a dedicated race tyre, I don't believe they are better.
When I was running a Mitsubishi Mirage earlier this year we did back to back testing at Donington, the R888 was consistently .8 second a lap quicker.
Thanks for that information, thats saved me making what would be an expensive tyre mistake for next year :doh: