FCD HKS how to ??

A

Anonymous

I want to instal a FCD in my GTi-R do you know How to install this ?? and the ECU map for this.

Thank you

Jonathan.

J

jasegould

As far as I know it wires into the MAF wiring and you adjust it until it stops the fuel cut.................. :?:

J

jasegould

I thought this until I saw one advertised specifically for the R....... :?:

ashills

someone has said that teh airflow meter has a cut on it at a certain air flow etc
this is what its probably meant for

A

AJ4

The only fuel cut a Pulsar has is the rev limiter, so unless you want to rev over 7800 rpm you dont need one. Most cars FCD operate on overboost, but as our ECU doesn't measure boost its not required ;)

I've seen them advertised for the Pulsar, but I'm f****ed if I know how its supposed to work....

Quoted from Norris Designs website -
" The GTI-R like many Japanese cars has a turbo boost cut-out. This works when the engine management system senses that boost levels are above the expected figure and takes action to shut the injection down. We offer an FCD (Fuel Cut Defender) which when fitted to the ECU prevents this cut out, which allows boost levels over 1.2Bar. "

I'm sorry, but thats an absolute load of b*****cks and Simon Norris should know better.... :roll:

As further proof, I and many others run 1.4 - 1.5 bar without needing one....

J

jasegould

Most cars FCD operate on overboost, but as our ECU doesn't measure boost its not required
I thought most FCD work by measuring the output from the MAF??

A

AJ4

No, usually boost or RPM. The MAF normally has three wires, the signal wire, +12v and earth. The only way to 'fool' the ecu into not cutting fuel at certain airflow on a single wire is to add some resistance to the wire to make the signal less than what it was. If this happened then you would need a complete remapping as all your fuel maps would be out.

J

J-GTi-R

As for as the listing is concerned HKS also list one for my brother's 323GT-X, but the FCD doesn't even work for the GT-X as Ian from RSXPerformance can confirm. Not sure about some of those HKS car specific listings...

Surry

From the ND Website:-

ND FCD Unit

Price: £112 (incl. VAT)

Must be some special bit of kit as it is *made* by ND themselves. :lol:

Its says if the boost is above 1.2, maybe just all the pulsar in the world have a wiring fault and the Fuel Cut doesnt work.

j10gtr

How about a Poll on this one Mods how many guys are running over 1.2 bar with a FCD and without a FCD.

I have run 1.2 1.25 bar for over a year and never had a problem with fuel cut maybe as surry said my pulsar has a wiring fault :lol: :lol: :lol:

Based on my experiences i cannot see why you would need a FCD for a pulsar. What makes you think you need to fit one ?.

Thanks
Paul

Mr GTiR

so how many people are running FCD on over 1.2 bar.

I've got one on the car and am planning on upping my boost to 1.4 bar.

If i have read this thread correctly then i should get rid of it? yes or no?

also heard some shere that cars run a bit lean with a FCD :?

jonesgti_r

I asked Ian about one ages ago and he said I didnt need one which is good enough for me 8)
I am only running 1 bar tho :oops:

zia

If this happened then you would need a complete remapping as all your fuel maps would be out.
thats incorrect because basically your capping the maf from giving it top load voltage at peak maf flow rate
with fcd vehicle does not need mapping

zia