fault code 3.4 det sensor please give me more advice

A

Anonymous

2) I have a fault code of 3.4 i beleive that is the DET Sensor i haven't really noticed what affect that has on the car, as i bought the car with the fault showing my turbo feels like it kicks in at 4000rpm and it doesn't really feel that it is fast at all would changing the sensor kick the turbo in at 2000rpm like it should or doesnt it need setting on the rollers.

i dont want to be wasting money on a sensor as it cost a fortune from nissan and cost about the same fitting . i dont want to put a secondhand one as that might be faulty then i would lose my labour costs.[/img]

A

andy n

its a common fault, get a new one. you can get em a bit cheaper off here i think. you can do it yourself,theres a how 2 in the how 2 section. its proper gynocology fiddley though. if its faulty your car will overfuel and retard the ignition. it will also lower the boost to .5. (safe mode) try resetting your ecu first and see what it shows after that. you should sort it though mate. everything on these cars is fiddly and expensive but thats just the way it is.