Fault code 13

PaulGTIR

Hi my car seems to to hold back a bit and doesn't seem to get full power just seems a bit restricted and sergy checked fault codes and I've got fault code 13 engine temperature but this seems a bit vague could this be causing my issues and if so where do I start to fix this issue?
Thanks

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Take a look at the engine temperature sensor on the back of the block (above the oil filter IIRC) if that's what it's telling you is malfunctioning?

geoff pine

Im with pobody on this if its running rich all the time ( the ecu thinks its a cold engine ) it needs to be sorted first .Then go through the list :thumbsup:

PaulGTIR

Bit more info on my problem the car seems to drive ok under normal throttle but when I hold it flat out the car gets to around 4-5 k and it's like hitting a wall holds back and struggles any ideas?

Braveheart

Car's in safe mode (short a couple of contacts will reset ecu).... reset fault code and try the car again. If it's the same code, replace the sensor.
Do a rearch on the forum if need be... ;-)

PaulGTIR

Right a update I've fitted a engine temperature switch as per fault code erassed fault code all ok but the car is still holding back around 4.5 k any other ideas?

PaulGTIR

Well I've just tryed re earthing my fuel pump with 4 pin relay and it did improve it slightly so it mite be worth you trying that mate it's in the how to guides page 2