Fault code 11 ??

G

Glenn

Guys, following some useful tips on this site, i have just carried out a fault code check and am getting code 11 back...
I understand this is a camshaft position sensor/crank angle sensor fault....
This means nothing to me at all.......how can this be rectified??
Would this explain why my R has been intermittently running hesitently when its warm....??
i did flatten the battery recently and so the car wouldn't turn over properly...would this have brought this code up??
Cheers for your help....

G

Glenn

Where abouts inside the dizzy?? Do i need to replace the ignition module then??? As per original question also....would this make it run hesitently etc when warm? Cheers :?

E

Evil_GtiR

Last time I had the 1-1 I thought it was the crank angle sensor, but i took it in to the garage and they found the fault to be the oxygen sensor. I don't know why it picks up a 1-1 but the idling and driving was quite shitty with a dodgy oxygen sensor.

A

Anonymous

Check your timing as well.....I stuffed around with the timing a few weeks back and accidently set it in the wrong position. This resulted in the car running sh*t and getting a fault code 11. I readjusted the timing, cleared the code and it hasnt come back.

A

Anonymous

I had 11 come up a few nights ago when i was giving it some around left handers :oops: need to put more fuel in the tank :lol: