fans on permanently and no fuel pump

ashills

was about to start engine for first time tonight after it being swapped to the new shell and ive fitted new turbo and intercooler etc so lots has changed
when ignition is on the fans runs permanently and the fuel pump doesnt prime
anyonehad this problem ie which connector etc was wrong as japfest is getting very close and this could really set me back along way lol
ive checked the two plugs for gearbox and dizzy and the right way round

ashills

right it now runs so thats that sorted but check light stays on and fans run all the time done the diagnostics from manual etc and still no good

Keira

problem solved 8)

the car just wanted to see if it could make allen sulk, which it acheived, so today after abit of jiggery pokery, it works ok, but sprung an oil leak on the rocker cover gasket just to test him some more :lol:

Last edited:

antgtir

For future reference what was the cause of the fans staying on and the pump not priming, i seem to remember someone else having this problem before but i cant remember what the cause was?

Ant.

ashills

well the pump was priming it turned out but i used an evo 7 pump and they are sooooo quite we couldnt even here it prime lol
the fans staying on seem to be a problem caused by the ecu as we tested all sensors and unplugged everything under bonnet and it still did no good
the weird thing is it did same thing with two ecus to start with but the second time i tried the other ecu it worked so all seems fine so just bleed the brakes and rejoin the screamer pipe back into the main exhaust
and all ready to roll oh and a leaky rocker cover lol

antgtir

Maybe just a reset of the ECU was needed then, i think the ECU's can set themselves funny sometimes so a quick reset or disconnection can do the trick, at least you wouldnt have over heated lol.

Goodluck for tom matey.

Ant.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The fans should only run when the ecu earths them, was the connector block seated home properly?

As I've found out on other car tho, wierd things can hapen when either things are wired wrong or earths start corroding badly.

N

nashgti-r

glad to hear its all up and running now mate. have you driven it yet?

Keira

have you stopped sulking now then ? :lol:

originally, when my ecu was on the car the problem was probably due to that break in the wire, or was that not on the temp sensor circuit ?

i reckon the fact it was destined to get taken apart and crushed if it didn't start working properly put the frighteners on it, its had a traumatic enough life already since we got hold of it, could probably do with some therapy :lol: