fans on all the time

johnsy

dont people by-pass the thermo kick in switch so there constantly running,

bob is going to do this for me at the club track day

watoga

If they haven't been "rigged" to run all the time, then your thermostatic switch could be at fault. I couldn't be annoyed with the fans running ALL the time, so I just connected them to a toggle switch in the glove box which allows me to decide when they come on. If I forget, the thermostatic switch will turn them on automatically, but for track days I switch them on before heading out on track.

Cheers,
Dave

t16coupe

fans aways on

the car as got a code 34 prob at the mo could that cause the fans to stop on getting it fixed the weekend

shroom

I think the 34 and limp mode is the Pulsars party peice, does all kinds of weird things and you can never tell what it will do, some just cant drive the things and others have the error code but seem to have lesser problems

Fusion Ed

No it doesn't the ecu does not turn the fans on all the time with a det sensor error.

The only time the ECU ever goes into a TRUE limp home mode is if there is an internal hardware failure within the ecu. This is very rare, then the fans will come on the ECU light will stay on and the car will have very very limited drive-ability.

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

as said above, an intermittent fault such as afm, knock sensor etc will not bring in the fans constantly

if i were you i would check the relay switch first as that may be jammed and not switching.
failing that it could be the fan sender / ecu temp sender causing an incorrect signal to ecu.
dry joint on multiplugs mounted next to relay box.
ecu harness to back of ecu not making a good connection.
or as ed said the ecu itself may well be faulty

try all those things first then if you still have a prob then you can either run the fans by a seperate temp controller such as hks etc or you can remove the relay and use a link wire which will make your fans come on when ignition is turned on (this is not ideal at all for road use) or you can break the link wire and run a seperate switch to fans but is best to try remedy the original fault really