EXHAUST SYSTEMS

nismoboy

Has anyone got any pictures of a full s/s exhaust systems for a gtir
ie- trust,scorpion,magnex,hks,etc?? thanks nis.

nismoboy

Cos im interested in seeing the different companies designs.Ive currently got an hks front pipe,2 1/2 inch de-cat pipe and magnex middle and rear sections.I want the perfect exhaust with enough back pressure for bottom end torque but still free flowing enough to support a future 450bhp.The problem with my system is the hks front pipe is 2 1/2 inch bore at one end and 2 inch at the other which is restrictive as i need a full 2 1/2 inch system to get the power out.The other thing i dont really like is the back box as it has an S bend design which again is restrictive so thats why i would like to see some other designs and maybe change some things about.To start with i want a mongoose front pipe as they are 2 1/2 inch all the way through and they`re stainless aswell,then maybe keep the magnex middle section and try and find a decent back box.so come on guys lets see some pics cheers nis.

N

Ninja_tune_factory

i no it may not be the best but if you go to long life they can make you a 3" pipe work from the turbo back iv got one on my r its loud and its cost 500 and you can all so had wat you want made up

A

Anonymous

quote:Originally posted by nismoboy
Cos im interested in seeing the different companies designs.Ive currently got an hks front pipe,2 1/2 inch de-cat pipe and magnex middle and rear sections.I want the perfect exhaust with enough back pressure for bottom end torque but still free flowing enough to support a future 450bhp.The problem with my system is the hks front pipe is 2 1/2 inch bore at one end and 2 inch at the other which is restrictive as i need a full 2 1/2 inch system to get the power out.The other thing i dont really like is the back box as it has an S bend design which again is restrictive so thats why i would like to see some other designs and maybe change some things about.To start with i want a mongoose front pipe as they are 2 1/2 inch all the way through and they`re stainless aswell,then maybe keep the magnex middle section and try and find a decent back box.so come on guys lets see some pics cheers nis.

bit of a mish mash this.
you say you want a bit of back pressure for torque production low down.turbo motors do not like back pressure but,i do believe that simon norris has a little built in for his evo`s as he says they need a bit of back press for torque production.

you then say you want to get rid of the bend over the back axle as this causes a restriction.it is this restriction that will cause your desired back pressure.

what you need is a few pics of my system,i think skiddus has some,4" bore from turbo to back box and the box now exits in the middle of the bumper as it`s almost a straight run.

dp can make up s/s systems in a variety of diameters along with the back boxes which also come in a variety of internal diameters.these systems will not be cheap as they are totally bespoke and they will have little or no back pressure.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Go for a full mongoose just now. The don't have a back box, just a tail pipe. It goes over the rear axle and straight to the exit point on the bumper. (about 12" away) So in my case I saved about 12kg on the weight of the back box. [:D]
Alternately, get a custom set up and have a side exit after the centre box.[}:)]

A

Anonymous

quote:Originally posted by Fast Guy
Go for a full mongoose just now. The don't have a back box, just a tail pipe. It goes over the rear axle and straight to the exit point on the bumper. (about 12" away) So in my case I saved about 12kg on the weight of the back box. [:D]
Alternately, get a custom set up and have a side exit after the centre box.[}:)]

fook sake,that must be enough to make your ears bleed [:D][:D][:D]

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The Mongoose is loud but I can live with it. I had the side exit on my Montego 2.75" bore with a competition cherry bomb silencer. The montego was louder at idle, but I'd say the Mongoose is louder on the road.

nismoboy

Does anyone know if the mongoose front pipe is the same length as the hks front pipe? cos im thinking of getting one but i wont be fitting it to a mongoose system it will be a magnex system with a de-ct pipe.thanks

A

Anonymous

Mongoose front pipe is aprox 25mm longer than standard, it's also of much better construction than the HKS one

S

Sirnixalot

backpressure sucks you dont want any. What you want is maximum exhaust gas velocity for the intended rpm range. This is a comon misconception that backpressure helps low end ....it does not! The smaller exhaust piping can move SMALL volumes of exhaust gas very efficiently because it keeps the velocity high. As the engine speed increases so does the exhaust gas output, once the amount of exhaust gas produced passes the point at which that exhaust size can efficiently remove the gases ....keep the exhaust gas velocity high then it restricts power. So technically you should match your exhaust to where you want your power to come in. That being said, you will see gains EVERYWHERE in the rpm range with any 2.5" turbo back system. You will see more gains up top with a 3" system and you might lose a little bottom end if its the standard turbo.

Another thing you have to take into account is the tubine outlet size. The standard turbine blades are about 50mm or 60mm in diameter if i remember. You do not want to go too much larger than this to raise HP and TQ levels accross the rpm range.

If you are running the standard turbo or a small hybrid you need nothing more than a 2.5" system from the tubo back to the exhaust tip.

If i was using a "regular" T-28 i would probably do Simons 3" outlet turbo elbow then have the mongoose down pipe modified to make the 3"-2.5" transition alot smoother, OR just polish the crap out of the standard jobbie and get a divider wall welded to it.

ohh and a side note.....the Trust/Greddy exhausts produced for our cars arent stainless....so you pay out your arse for something you will have to replace in a few years.

hope i helped 8)

chrisniss91

Trust/Greddy exhausts produced for our cars arent stainless....so you pay out your arse for something you will have to replace in a few years
Tell me about it, my £705 trust system looks like its nearing the end of its life and its only 2 years old, prob another year left :cry: