exhaust manifold

G

gtir_roadkill

hello .

can anyone tell me if an s14 tubular manifold is the same fitting as an gtir 1 ,

does it line up as in turbo in same place??

are the manifold studs any dif.

its just that a race 1 for gtir is expensive and an s14 1 is cheap as chips.

many thanks:doh:

youngsyp

They will fit with some modification, specifically the turbo mounting flange. This will need to be cut off and re-welded into the correct GTiR position as, the S14 position differs slightly.

The rest of the manifold is a straight forward swap.

O

Odin

Don't forget he will also need a modified down pipe as well, All in all I think it's a rubbish set up and wouldn't bother at all, Mic had one and it must of cracked about 10 bl00dy times.

Get a proper GTIR manifold, I'd much rather fit a 2fast2cool one as at least if fits properly.

Rob

G

gtir_roadkill

many thanks for replys well i might aswell stick to original if its good for 400bhp i would never get to that power,atleast i know now.

many thanks.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Odin said:
Don't forget he will also need a modified down pipe as well, All in all I think it's a rubbish set up and wouldn't bother at all, Mic had one and it must of cracked about 10 bl00dy times.

Get a proper GTIR manifold, I'd much rather fit a 2fast2cool one as at least if fits properly.

Rob
I wonder if the 2fast2cool manifolds have the right shape holes in the exhaust flange these days, as you remember the first batch they made were round and not oval as they should be.

Does anyone know

Steve

youngsyp

gtir_roadkill said:
many thanks for replys well i might aswell stick to original if its good for 400bhp i would never get to that power,atleast i know now.

many thanks.
It may support 400 bhp but, it's still incredibly restictive. Even if you had a go at porting and wrapping it, you should see a difference in throttle response, turbo spool up and general power and torque gains.

For the money though, you can't deny the value of the 2fast2cool items. If you're worried about cracking, I'm sure a bit of extra bracing and maybe some cuts in the flange for expansion, would help with any possible reliability issues ?!

mattytappy

no steve they dont fella.....when i took mine off to change back to a standard manifold i noticed that all of the exhaust ports were black and sooty so you could see were they need to be reamed out to the right shape...and they were quite away off....other than that for the money its not bad just the same as everything else on an R needs abit of modding toget it sweet.,,;-) but i must say that as soon as i put the standard manifold back on the car came back to life again,,pulled strong and came on boost alot quicker wereas th 2fast2cool mani seemed to push the on boost power about 1500 more up round the rev range...im now not gunna put the 2fast2cool one back on until ive modid it properly and got my 3071 through and pushing 400bhp plus.

mattytappy

listen diesel wiesal...you werent at santa pod yesterday as there was someone up there under your name sake giving it some gas up the strip????:?

mattytappy

i say someone by the name of diesel weasal was running a 3000 bhp pro stock funny car up the drag strip at santa pod on saturday and i had wondered if it might be you...:-o comprendey

Keira

im with you now......wasn't me, its an imposter :lol:

did that have a 2fast2cool manifold on it by any chance :lol: