Exhaust Bung

A

Anonymous

I've had my R for over 6 months, but haven't had the time to get it on the road (few minor issues).

Now I've started taking it places to get tyres, MOT etc, I've realised just how loud the Mongoose is, and the layout of my drive only makes things worse when I start her up, as there are high brick walls either side.

I live on a quiet cul de sac, and I don't think the neighbours are going to like me when I start using the car daily, especially when I'm on an early shift.

A mate has a 200sx S14 with some monster exhaust which is louder than my Goose. He bought a 'bung' for £18 from Apex performance and it made the car much more liveable, and with no noticeable change in performance (yet to be RR tested)

Its basically a metal funnel, 4" diameter to match his tailpipe, that is placed about 10" down his tailpipe, fixed by a small screw through the little drainage hole in the bottom of the tailpipe. The thin end of the funnel, points into the exhaust, and it can be removed in seconds.

Does anyone have any experience of these, and is there one available for the Mongoose tailpipe diameter.

D

DodgeT

id imagine best bet would be to try collins performance themselves..

by the shape of the goose id rekon its not possible, cus theres no rear box,its just a tailpipe.

then again i know naff all, so give collins a call & let us know :D

B

bean

I got annoyed with the sound from my goose with 5" tail pipe, using it 50 miles a day was too much for me :shock:

I bought a 3.5" tailpipe from Collins Performance and it's much quieter now.

A

Anonymous

I have seen these things before (if it's what I'm thinking of) on Bike exhausts and they seem to work OK. You could just get an extra silencer welded in somewhere. Shouldn't cost too much and should do the trick. I guess you would want it to be loud for meets and weekends though. :twisted:

Dunc