exaughst manifold

john4688

hi whats the best option im running a gt3071r am i best using the standard 1? or buying an ebay 1 and welding a brace on? i cant seem to find any other makes around?

thanks john

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
If the standard one fits without fouling the radiator, then stick with it. - The cast iron is pretty tough and flows pretty well; it's not quite like a N/A car so the power gains aren't what you'd expect (better to have high pressure before the turbo and low behind it). If you really want one, the best thing is to get one fabricated: It will cost you a pretty penny, but it won't crack and the turbo will sit wherever you want it then.

I'm not sure though; do you need to fit spacers to get the 3071 to fit on the standard manifold?

Last edited:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
you will need spacers and a few other little mods to fit a 4" inlet 3071 to the car using a standard cast manifold but no spacers needed to mount a 2.75" inlet 3071 using a standard manifold, it will bolt straight on. John I have a ported standard manifold F/S, pm me if your interested.

gtirjoey

im using the standard manifold, its worth porting it a little and taking out the big lump of metal that sits in the flange where it bolts to turbo..(well it worked for me)
i also have one of them ebay job manifolds, sitting in the shed being used as a paperweight thats all its good for!
as steve said go for the 2.75 inch inlet much less hasle to fit and no real power gains from the 4 inch.

john4688

ive got the spacer plate and the engines been ground as well. will port the standard 1 i think. is it me or dose no 1 else actualy make 1 4 the gtir?
pm'd stevepudney

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
im using the standard manifold, its worth porting it a little and taking out the big lump of metal that sits in the flange where it bolts to turbo..(well it worked for me)
i also have one of them ebay job manifolds, sitting in the shed being used as a paperweight thats all its good for!
as steve said go for the 2.75 inch inlet much less hasle to fit and no real power gains from the 4 inch.
It probably won't be that noticable to remove it completly but I don't take that partition "lump" out when porting the manifold, I just waste it back quite a bit and feather it. It will have been put there as to aid gas extraction.