engine labour costs etc

boost

Hi all, what would you say the normal average labour cost are to have an engine rebuilt? things to include are to clean and inspect parts and build the engine up? machining parts of the engine are extra.

thanks very much

keith

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Boby charges £45 per hour, but if you ask him to quote he'll give you the total cost for him to do it (based on how long it usually takes). - It doesn't say on his website what an estimate would be.

boost

im having to re think all this pulsar antics... im picking up my pulsar from the body shop in a couple of weeks too.. maybe i can just sell the lot... all engine parts etc... and car minus the engine... but there worth nothing really without a lump...

takumigtir

Buddy i would charge £30 an hour dependent upon what you have and wether you require further measurements etc etc etc depends how long it would takes but its always better to do things properly. i also have someone that does all the machining for me if required

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I thought with engine builders reputation was more important than cost .
I can't fault that - pay once, and have it done right... don't piss about getting it done on the cheap, then have to have it all done again when it goes wrong. ;-)