Engine fault!

Polska GTiR

Changed from 1st to 2nd gear and miss shifted. Then straight after it constantly miss fireing and basically no power! But it idles absolutely fine and has good Oli pressure, no knocks or bangs what's so ever. Engine has done just under 4000 miles since full rebuild. Any suggestions???

Thanks

P

pulsarboby

same as everyone else has suggested chris
this is what happened to ollys car (your mate), you cannot afford to mis-shift with these engines but you may well be lucky and get away with maybe a broken rocker arm.
remove the rocker cover and take a pic

Polska GTiR

1. Are rocker arms expensive to replace (hmm hmm bob lol) and 2. Once fixed would fitting a rev limiter help?? I know avoiding miss shifting is better but just wondering??

Thanks

vss irvine

a rev limiter wont help you if you miss-shift again, theres an argument for rocker stoppers, but rather than let the rocker jump off these could lead to more damage.....

P

pulsarboby

1. Are rocker arms expensive to replace (hmm hmm bob lol) and 2. Once fixed would fitting a rev limiter help?? I know avoiding miss shifting is better but just wondering??

Thanks

ive got some s/h ones in chris.....check the valve spring heights, if some are sitting low then you may have some bent valves too
give me a bell tomorrow and il explain all to you