ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS

Danny S R

Alright dudes and dudettes,

for those of u that didnt read my last thread i had a problem with the electric window switch on the drivers door, for the passenger window, where i couldnt put the window up from my side. BUT now before i got a chance to look at it ive had a total power cut NO electric windows OR central locking!! help! :cry:

Thanks

Dan

PS: do the R's have electrics, ie the control panel on the drivers door controlling passenger door lock, passeneger window, lock passenger window, and two switches for drivers electric window?

S

Sunny Nutter

I'd whip off the door cards on both sides and see whats going on...seems like there is a short of some sort!

check all the plugs are inserted correctly!
if you have spares, try swapping the switch assemblies to see if they are at fault (they've been known to give up!) :roll:

T

T11EWL

Sorry, what's the last question ?

Danny S R said:
PS: do the R's have electrics, ie the control panel on the drivers door controlling passenger door lock, passeneger window, lock passenger window, and two switches for drivers electric window?

Danny S R

i was just wonderin if the R's have elc windows coz ive seen somewhere someone writin about them bein hard to wind up? was this a weight savin thing on some - no electrics??

j10gtr

Is the fualt when you try to operate any of the circuit from the drivers door switch ?. does the central locking work with the alarm or key ?.

It could be the drivers switch consul known for playing up and causing the windows to stop working. Try removing it care fully as wires are short and back drops off and black pins fall out everywhere. Clean the contacts preferably with some contact cleaner and out put it back together and try it.

thanks
Paul

Danny S R

no the whole console is dead and the central locking even when i use the key! there isnt a fuse which justs drives them two is there? i know its a bit stupid but i remember wot a pain it was to get them door cards off when i put my speakers in :evil: :lol:

S

Sunny Nutter

the more you take the door cards off the easier it gets :wink: :roll:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
There's a 30Afusible link (in the box down the side of the battery?) and a 10A fuse in the interior fuse box in the system.

j10gtr

you do not need to remove the door card to remove the switch consule then you could check for alive to the consule.

Thanks
Paul