Electric windows...????

S

SteveM

Window went down but wouldnt go back up, stuck half way down with a ratchet type noise...has anyone had any experience of this?

I have taken the door panel off but cant see what to do, it it something i can fix or is it a garage job?

Any idea of a cost to fix it?

Keira

SteveM said:
Window went down but wouldnt go back up, stuck half way down with a ratchet type noise...has anyone had any experience of this?

I have taken the door panel off but cant see what to do, it it something i can fix or is it a garage job?

Any idea of a cost to fix it?

the window slides up and down on a runner, you'll see it just about through the panel, theres a metal bar in between the middle of the door skins, this is the runner. The motor lives down the left of this, the window is held on by 2 plastic tags with 2 bolts, you may or may not be able to get to it depending on where its stopped, take the window out then you'll be able to remove the lot and have a look, just 4 bolts hold the runner in, i'd imagine the motors fooked.

have fun :cry: :lol: :lol:

S

SteveM

Hi im in Falkirk Scotland, any ideas on how much a new motor is? Thanks :cry:

P

petegtir

its not the motor!
well my brother seem fairly sure it isnt.
he thinks its the switch panel. he had one go in his R and got another one from a 1.6sr sunny. fixed it right up and only for a few quid.

S

SteveM

Yes but the window seems loose like it has come off a runner, we cqn move it up and down?

Keira

stick your hand up and feel round the middle, thats where the window slides up and down and all the weight is taken their, thats where it bolts up.

the ends just run in guides, all off the lifting mechnasism is in the middle