electric windows not working

K

kengtir

hi its a dark cold night just parking the car and just drop the window down
check parked ok square in the box turn off lights put the window up you must be jokeing help needed the window is down driver side and its
2226 and cold the passinger side also does not work checked fuse under the hood help please guys and dolls

mattygti-r

its the window swtiches , rare to get replacement think 1.4l sunny ones work not sure

common fault for them to fail

L

LoXy

yeh my runneround 1.4 sunny i had the same problem too. i got the windows down and just wanted to put them back up nothing works, even the passenger dont work. i checked fuses etc ... nothing. my mate told me its the multiplex on the pcb board mounted underneath the switches.
try taking the board out and soak it with wd40. it might cure the problem.

regards, LoX

K

kengtir

LoXy said:
yeh my runneround 1.4 sunny i had the same problem too. i got the windows down and just wanted to put them back up nothing works, even the passenger dont work. i checked fuses etc ... nothing. my mate told me its the multiplex on the pcb board mounted underneath the switches.
try taking the board out and soak it with wd40. it might cure the problem.

regards, LoX
thanx m8 ill give it a try cheers m8

D

Dee 1

Have you checked the main fuse under the bonnet its a 30 amp as mine went the other day :) £7 from nissan :evil:

K

kengtir

hi all the car is now up and working thats saturday up the local scrapy
looked round for replacement switch none to be found so with the door card off grab hold of window in up and down movement press the button and nothing a bit more grut and press again yes stopped quick as nearly took off hand. up and down a few times yes it works must be cold weather me thinks well it all working ,so cheers everybody thanks again for your help