EGR hose replacement

BMCC

PCV hose replacement

Looking to replace some split hoses that carry the PCV to the cylinders. There are 2 diameters 3mm & 10mm. I'm looking to replace them all (from the top left of the rocker cover onwards). What type of hose am I looking to use? Would silicone vac hose be fine or some petrol hose (for the 10mm)? Been looking on demon tweeks but not sure what sort of temp would be running through the hose etc. Anyone replaced these hoses? If so what did you use?

Last edited:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I used silicone vacuum hose to start with, but the oil vapor destroyed that pretty quickly. - I then bought a Steve Pudney PCV deletion kit and just took all the hoses (and the metal pipework) off; now it only breathes through the pipework before the turbo.

If you don't want to replace them often, I'd go with the fuel/oil safe hose.

BMCC

I used silicone vacuum hose to start with, but the oil vapor destroyed that pretty quickly. - I then bought a Steve Pudney PCV deletion kit and just took all the hoses (and the metal pipework) off; now it only breathes through the pipework before the turbo.

If you don't want to replace them often, I'd go with the fuel/oil safe hose.
The problem is finding hose that is fuel/oil safe and has some form of temp rating. I have no idea how hot the vapour could be.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Yes you do. - There's an oil temperature gauge in the middle of your dashboard. ;-)

Not that hot would be my guess; the oil mist seperator has rubber hoses on both the inlet and outlet.