ecus from other nissans compatible?

doggydowg

Hiya guys

I know the nissan s14 has same engine as ours could we use the same ecu as ive noticed when ppl are selling ecus it will say in add sr20 det pulsar,s13,s14 i could see the s14 being the same but surely the s13 which is the 1.8 engine wouldnt be same?

thanks Paul.

Adam L

The S13 doesn't use the SR20DET, it uses the CA18DET. Why would you want an ecu from another car anyway?

doggydowg

because uprated ecus for gtirs are going for £180-200 on flebay but i have seen a few uprated ecus in the sub title so thought why would they advertise they're ecus under different car models if they were'nt compatible.

thats that settled thanks not sure weather to get my std one remapd or just leave as it is £300 for remap is allot of £££.

Adam L

The whole idea of an ''uprated'' ecu is to have it mapped in accordance with your engines components, not some random bollocks from Japan where there's no software for it. £300 isn't alot of money for a full remap, that includes the daughterboard fitment.

If you're stuggling to pay for something like that, then why bother modifying the car atall?

Fusion Ed

Put bluntly the RNN14 is the only ecu that will work without a fair bit of playing about. The S14 ecu would work if you add coil packs and make wiring changes (Which would be a great thing to do since you can do more on that ECU) but its quite a lot of work, and would need a remap to suit the pulsar.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Micra Ed said:
Put bluntly the RNN14 is the only ecu that will work without a fair bit of playing about. The S14 ecu would work if you add coil packs and make wiring changes (Which would be a great thing to do since you can do more on that ECU) but its quite a lot of work, and would need a remap to suit the pulsar.
I think it would be a very worthwhile mod, if only done for the coilpacks

Do you know exactly what wiring changes would need to be made and what would be your estimate of hours needed to do the job.