ecu harness

T

Toady

ive just checked my ecu and harness, there are a couple of bodge it connectors (scotch locks) on the loom by the plug, ive removed one that wasnt doing anything and repaired the broken wires :evil: with the soldering iron, but there is another one that seems to be linking the blue/black wire to the yellow/green wire, surely thats not normal? :shock: :?:

anyone have any ideas? or could someone perhaps look at theirs to see if i can remove the link wire?
cheers! :)

T

Toady

ive just cut the wires and found out that it was that that was messing my car up! rev counter now works and car drive fine throughout the rev range, but ive now found out that the engines smoking like a bitch on boost, and doesnt boost properly! GAY!!! im thinking turbo is knackered? its blue smoke not black. :cry:
Maybe someone knows more than me about this car......perhaps some clever sparkie new that they could hide the smokey engine by shorting the wires out? i dunno...but i seemed to have resolved one problem and found another!b0ll0x! :evil:

A

AJ4

If you tell us exactly what wires were shorted out I can tell you exactly what was happening and why it was done.... ;)

T

Toady

ok, ill have a look in the week as its all back together now, couldnt see any numbers on the harness thats why i wrote down the colurs instead. seems very fishy! didnt seem to smoke before i cut the wire? and its not unburnt fuel its def burning oil. :(

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
From what I can see, there's 3 blue/black wires.
pin 112 goes to injector no.4 and the dropping resistor
Pin 2 goes to the tachometer
pin10 says not used

The yellow/green wire goes to the speedo.

A

Anonymous

Toady,

Have a look here: http://www.gti-r.com/Reference/index.htm about half way down the page there is a series of diagrams for the pinouts and wiring for the ECU.

Even if you may not be able to work it out the info that you pass on the the other guys here will help them to solve your problem.

hope this helps.
Kevin.

T

Toady

cheers, ive solved the initial problem now with the speedo etc, but now when it comes on boost it chucks out blue (burnt oil) smoke from the zorst, ive not driven it since the wend as the tyres are knackered (down to the wire :shock: on the inside) but it could be a build up of oil residue from where the engine hasnt been able to boost for about 4 months?! just gotta get some new tyres then i can start driving it properly to try and clear it out and hope my theory is right! :wink: :p

T

Toady

the rev counter werent working and the engine would stop fueiling/igniting aroung 4k! :?