Ecu Fault Check Code wont work

ray77

My check engine is on.
Ive tried every thing, i shorted the 2 spots on the plugs nothing happens... When i plug my data scan cable it wont connect to the ecu ?? My car runs like shit and i cant get the fault code... What could cause this ...

danr

red ight on in ecu when car is running == knackered ecu or knackered crank angle sensor == safe mode 2k limit and fixed maf volt == running like a tractor

williams

try a different com port on datascan, turn off auto find, and search for ecu manually, should find it that way if you haven it set to correct com port.

ray77

Ok today i swaped the ecu with and other one and still i have a red light when car is runing... I still cant use my ecutalk ... I have a daughter board. When i drive it gets very lean past 3k and it missfire there and it idles at 500rpm.

Last edited:

ray77

Just found out my daughterboard is dead ! That was the reason of the way my car was running like shit !

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
thats interesting. is it a plms daughterboard (nistune)?
It might seem like a semantic point, but although Nistune use PLMS boards an PLMS board doesn't mean it's Nistune.

I've got a feeling the Nistune guys used to work at PLMS because I'm sure there is some kind of link, but I can't find where I read that now.

ray77

Redzone garage, it came in the car when importing from japan. I think when i last burnet the chips, ive put them back in the wrong side on the chip socket so it fried the smaller board chips or my chips. Ive ordered a plms.