dump valve

andy gtir black

hi all i have a problem will my dump valve and its starting to get at me lol basically it wont work it worked before the engine was out but when i put the standard one on that works fine i have tried 2 different valves and there just the same not opening anyone no why this is

andy gtir black

its a turbosmart veeport one mate and i tryed my mates hks ssqv and that never worked either but was workin on his car

Last edited:

Daza

silly question but have you got enough boost running as my sard didnt really make any noise standard.

chiefpulsar

take the dv apart and see whats going on, my prof sheepdog sezied up so i took it apart gave it a good going over with some WD40 put it back together and it works fine

youngsyp

If nothing has changed with the valve, since removing it, it has to be a vacuum connection. I think the OE BOV working was a Red Herring, simply due to your mates SSQV not working when fitting it to your car.

Try a different vacuum hose to the BOV and see of that makes any difference. Having a check for vacuum leaks might be a good idea too !

youngsyp said:
If nothing has changed with the valve, since removing it, it has to be a vacuum connection. I think the OE BOV working was a Red Herring, simply due to your mates SSQV not working when fitting it to your car.

Try a different vacuum hose to the BOV and see of that makes any difference. Having a check for vacuum leaks might be a good idea too !
I agree with above - just had my engine out for clutch change and when i got it back it wasnt boosting right..checked over the vacuum pipes and the one to the BOV was meant to be going to the inlet manifold and vice versa..

O

odie

Do you have a softer spring in the BOV or the Turbosmart vacuum connectors designed for the GTi-R? You have to remember that the R's have a much lower vacuum than other SR20's. I bought a Go Fast Bits Hybrid BOV for mine and couldn't get it to go. Went out and bought a softer spring (because Turbosmart want about AUS$120 for the vacuum kit) and it was perfect after that. The vacuum kit is pretty much just some more vacuum host and links to the vacuum ports on the throttle body setup. Just a thought...