dump valve

GTIR1000

i noticed at the pts day poeples dump valves go of alot more often than mine, mine only seems to go of when changing at quite high revs just wondered if there are ways of altering this dont think i want to alter it just wondered thats all

mattygti-r

is yours adjustable?

you can adjust the bov screw to loosen the spring, ie make it dump earlier or "under lower boost"

some IMO are shite like the bailey just goes off every 1k, :roll:

(had a R5 tonight doing that)

prefer a soft tshhhh sound to a v.loud noise myself or even recirc is cool

S

stomski

GTIR1000 said:
i noticed at the pts day poeples dump valves go of alot more often than mine, mine only seems to go of when changing at quite high revs just wondered if there are ways of altering this dont think i want to alter it just wondered thats all
wot dump valve you got matey :?:

also depends on what boost ur running i suppose

ive had bailey which went off when it felt like it, then forge, that was the best,very loud and am now on HKS SSQ which i think most ppl hae got, but im going back to forge soon :twisted:

GTIR1000

i dont know which dump valve it is its not a normal tssssh noise it chatters then under really high revs it chatters then a big tssssh to finish it of there is a little gold screw bolt i can see on it i dont think i will change it i just wondered that was all thanks for the info

ram5ay

GTIR1000 said:
its not a normal tssssh noise it chatters then under really high revs it chatters then a big tssssh
My APEXi BOV used to do this, it didnt do anything till the motor was making good boost, it made the chatter noise then a tssssh at full boost/high revs.
Sounded 8)
Turns out tho that it's second chamber had a leak so it was acting like it had a really strong spring. Figured the chatter noise was compressor surge (caused by the valve opening too late) as it first opened and then the tssssh after the chatter was the boost finally releasing.
Sorted the leak now, and get nice sounding pssssssshhh really easily at next to no boost. No more chatter at high boost tho :( just a louder psssssshhh.

S

smcnairn

I have tried Forge, Bailey and HKS and i can only get my HKS one to dump and thats at high revs and boost it just chatters all the time. Why is this??

mattygti-r

smcnairn said:
I have tried Forge, Bailey and HKS and i can only get my HKS one to dump and thats at high revs and boost it just chatters all the time. Why is this??
you adjusting them?

antgtir

JIMMYBACK B said:
u need a sard r2d2 blow off valve :D
I have just fitted mine, may slightly adjust the stiffness later, comes in at about 4k rpm and dumps pretty quick, so if i slacken it off a bit it should hopefully dump slower and longer :D

N

Norfy

i had a bailey on mine which sounded rubbish (was 2nd hand), took it apart, cleaned the internals and put a bit of lube around the rubber seal and it makes its original sound again.

then fitted a hks sqv, which is loads better. have wound the adjustment screw out about 8mm, it chatters up to 0.4bar, then after that it makes a high pitched sound.

if you wind the screw in, it will sound at higher boost, but slacken it off and it will sound earlier at lower boost.