Dump/Blow off valve

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I hate the noise :x

I know Jim has removed his without any issues has/does anyone else run without one.

Steve

O

odie

I did for a while when I first bought my R, but after hearing the compressor surge constantly, I had to put a BOV on. If you don't like the noise, get a plumb back system.

youngsyp

Steve, all the serious Evo guys run without one. I guess it all depends on how happy you are with the robustness of your turbo.

I would have thought on most Garrett turbo's, especially the common ones GTiR owners use, you wouldn't need to worry about bending a shaft or shattering a wheel. So, I guess that leaves accelerated bearing wear. Again, I'd expect the GT spec turbos to be more resilient to this too ?!

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Steve,
Sent you an e-mail of my sneezing turbo without a dv as photobucket isn't playing ball.

ashills

steve i took the dump valve off my R when the 3071 was on as it was getting forced open but garret etc dont really recomend it but if you dont mind a shorter life span on turbo just take it off i much prefer it

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Studlife said:
if you cant handle the sound of the forced induction maybe you should drive something non turbo lol
I love the sound of the induction, music to my ears............... whats the roar of the induction got to do with the chavy, unnecessary sound of a dump valve :der:

Dooie Pop Pop

he' s already said he' s got a recirc kit............

how can it be that loud Steve? id have thought the kit would shut it up:? anyway you cant have boost without a good dump afterwards so its either na or supercharging for you my laddie:lol:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Dooie Pop Pop said:
he' s already said he' s got a recirc kit............

how can it be that loud Steve? id have thought the kit would shut it up:? anyway you cant have boost without a good dump afterwards so its either na or supercharging for you my laddie:lol:
Thats what I've had for 4 years now ;-)

:cry:

:-D can't live without a boost here and there, so I guess I'll just put up with it :-D