Doors vibrating at speed

boucherie

i've noticed that when driving around 70mph the drivers door sounds like they are not hung rite as you can hear them rattle around, but if you open the window its fine. Obviously its an air pressure thing on the doors, so is there anything that can be done to remedy this, with deflectors or ne seals etc.
cheers :)

Moved to Problem solving - FAST GUY

boucherie

nah its not the glass as you can physically see the door moving backward and forwards, plus when the window is open it doesnt do it

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Is the door shutting properly? When it's shut can you move it if you grab the arm rest bit and push/pull it? If you can, you could maybe adjust the striker plate abit to see if it tightens it up at all.

A

andy n

wind your window down, then lean on the top of the door and bend it in a bit, sorted.

J

jasegould

As far as I was aware, all GTIRs (well most of them) do it......you can buy wind deflectors for the doors or just open the sunroof like i used to do.
Its someyjing to do with the design of the doors.....altho 70 mph does seem a little low for them to rattle, mine used to do it as I approached 100mph.
What you have to remember that apart from the floorpan...the rest of the GTIR body was designed to pootle around town and pick up shopping :wink:

B

Brett G

THIS IS A HIJAK!!! :shock:
Do the wind deflectors also stop the wind noise at speed? Or do I have to keep using my right arm to hold my door to my car??? :shock: :lol: :?:

boucherie

So the next question is has anyone got these wind deflectors fitted and if so, can they post a pic, where did they get them & how much were they??

A

ard1ey

I've got them, standard Nissan parts that were on the car when I got it. They are the purpley plastic things in the pictures below. They don't stop my doors rattling and letting in a gale at 80'ish tho :(

Ian

R

r5ben

evey R ive been in does this mine does it alot and ive tryed to sort it out but with no luck :cry:

O

Olly

andy n said:
wind your window down, then lean on the top of the door and bend it in a bit, sorted.
Adjust the door and bend it thats the way to do it, mine are fine all the way to 150 mph but they are nice and tight. :lol: