door trim

C

Chi-town

is there anyway to trim/adjust the doors closer to the body?

O

Odin

Chi-town said:
is there anyway to trim/adjust the doors closer to the body?

Do you mean the trim or the door itself :?: :? , If you mean the door then yes you can move the strike plate in a little if there's enough play in it :wink: .

By strike plate I mean the metal plate in the door shut :wink: , Just unscrew it and see if it will move in towards the inside of the car :wink: .

rob

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Are you on about trying to stop that rushing wind noise we all get when travelling at speed.

Moving the strike plate helps but remember it will make the door more difficult to close show when if you can close the door as the body panels dont line up properly.

Is it a wind noise around the top of the window problem you have??

paz

If your getting lots of wind noise you may have old and knackered hinges. I changed mine on the side that was knackered and they're a LOT better.

Paz

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
warringtonjack said:
Altho how the hell you can hear any wind noise over the airplane drone of a 'goose i dont know! :lol:
You think the goose is load, you want to try it with the full 3" Janspeed system, it's like the tail pipe is inside the car with you

BUT YOU CAN STILL HEAR THE WIND RUSHING PAST YOUR EARS :shock:

kirko

also the top of the doors flex alot and after a while the combination of dropped hinges and old age means the doors arent tight onto the seal at the top you need to carefully flex the top of the door inwards and try and bend it a bit obviously its a fine balance of improving and wrecking your door so use a bit of judgement
it does work and should solve most of your wind rush noise but at high speeds you will always get a bit,
there not exactly limos when it comes to ride comfort