Distributor cap

PulsarLee

hey

Just been gretting to know my R bought it a couple of months ago but too much snow n too low to use much............

was checking the distributor cap out because of a big misfire on full boost, the cap looks like it only has 2 aluminium points in there and the other 2 are non existant???......
is this normal.. as i expected to see 4 points inside the cap:-o

appreciate any comments. thanks

Lee

pulsarmoley

I've just replaced mine as the feed to plug to the rotor arm was severely corroded. Its funny how as its slowly got worse i've not noticed till it was playing up. Now i've changed it the car pulls so much better. Pulsarlee the part no for a blueprint one is ADN114224 and is about £17. :thumbsup:

PulsarLee

Thanks PulsarMorley thats a great help M8. When you mention Blueprint......... who / what shop will recognise that part number?

Also not sure if youll know the answer to this a couple more questions;

Does the cap appear to just have 2 points with the other 2 being flush to the side of the cap?
Do you know how to remove the rotor arm - as mine has some writing on it saying screw and an arrow??

Thanks again fella

Tubb

Does the cap appear to just have 2 points with the other 2 being flush to the side of the cap?
Do you know how to remove the rotor arm - as mine has some writing on it saying screw and an arrow??
thats normal i think, both caps ive got are like that.
the rotor arm has a screw that holds it in place, remove that then the rotor arm will slide off

pulsarmoley

The local autofactors i use is Motex(Traders) which also own Jap Mad, not sure if you have something similar locally. As said you may want to check ebay for prices. :thumbsup: