Disco Potatoe?????

PulsarLee

Hi Guys,

sorry to be thick but im getting ready for a new turbo as ming pufs a bit of smoke on change up or over run. The car still shows full boost on the gauge........... is this the case if its just the seals that av gone?...... do i still need to replace?

Also, think turbo is std t28? could someone let me know what a disco potatoe is..lol and does this fit straight on to the existing fittings? alternatively....whats the best turbo for about 290 bhp and long life. Turbo technics seem ok at about 600 quid.

cheers,Lee

ollydj

youll run 360ishbhp with a disco potatoe with supporting mods. its likea t28 only a dual ball bearing. i been looking at them my self. theyre ment to spool up really quickly. do a search on ebay for a garrett gt2860r or sumit like that. you can pck a new one up in that states for around 750ish

M

midnightpurple

owen developments have them as well to save the customs gauntlet. Spool up is lots quicker, something like a 40% saving in energy used to spin it up and 15% faster spool up.... read it somewhere in my turbo book a long while ago, Any BB turbo is worth having really.

P

pulsarboby

yes these things do spool very quickly!
we built an engine for someone not that long ago and he had one fitted on car when brought down to us.
never drove it untill we had built the engine and test drove it, and all i can say is by fook did it shift:shock:
normally we recommend 3500rpm running in procedure but with this tubby i dropped that to 3000 as it was really pulling hard at that rpm.
was soooo impressed with it i thought gotta go get me one of those babies.....which i did:-D

gtirx2

Do they run out of puff in the high revs?And what sort of boost can they hold before tailing off?

HotSnot92

Southeren Ireland Regional Rep
Do they run out of puff in the high revs?And what sort of boost can they hold before tailing off?
mine is running on 1.5 bar boost i made 341 bhp on 95 ron and 355 ftlbs [ irish fuel ]it pulls very well :-D:-D

turugtir

A disco potato is the best turbo you can get to this car without spending ridiculous money for more power. The supporting mods are reasonably priced and gives you more reliability than a GT2871R, which puts the engine (in standard form) to its limits and the gearbox is about to break in any minute.