Detination / fuel pressure

PulsarLee

Hi guys, my R is currently showing 34 code and is generaly flat.:sad:
I am going to attempt to get at the det sensor this w/e when i can get a long wrench. However, I would be grateful if anyone has any ideas on the following questions;

Think i had a fuel pump conection problem previously (kept cutting out). could that have trigerred the det sensor and why now fixed does 34 still keep coming back???:?

im now paranoid that if the fueling problem returns i will cook the engine..... should i perhaps fit a fuel pressure gauge and should this be in the car so i can keep an eye on it.

Any Ideas guys

thanks,

Lee

Braveheart

Hi guys, my R is currently showing 34 code and is generaly flat.:sad:
I am going to attempt to get at the det sensor this w/e when i can get a long wrench. However, I would be grateful if anyone has any ideas on the following questions;

Think i had a fuel pump conection problem previously (kept cutting out). could that have trigerred the det sensor and why now fixed does 34 still keep coming back???:?

im now paranoid that if the fueling problem returns i will cook the engine..... should i perhaps fit a fuel pressure gauge and should this be in the car so i can keep an eye on it.

Any Ideas guys

thanks,

Lee
IMOA the DET sensor once triggered can just give up the goast... hopefully you fix your fueling issue then change the sensor. If you do not fix your fueling issue and continue to run lean then YES, you could very well fcuk your enging (pistons)

Last edited: