DET Sensor?

smiddy

Started to get hesitation around 3-4000 rpm today. Did fault check and code 34, det sensor.
Where can i get one or do i have to go to Nissan?
Also does anyone have a part number for these?

whytie

You can get them from Nissan for around 200 quid. Can also get them from eBay for around 40 quid even though they are not a genuine Nissan part they work perfectly fine.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
As above. - It's the same part used on a lot of cars, so don't let the fact it doesn't say "Pulsar" or "Sunny" put you off.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
So just go for the cheapest ebay part then?
I see some at £3.14 :shock:
Yeah, with £14 of postage... which is more than £11.59 with £4.50 of postage. - They may not be "genuine Nissan", but they've probably come from whoever makes them for Nissan.

PulsarLee

Hi

let us know how you get on fitting it fella..........:lol: do you still have the Y brackets in place??

need to change mine but cant get to it - need some longer tools!

be good if you let us know if changing the sensor sorts yr problem and also if you have the link to the ebay site you use.

good luck

cheers,

Lee

smiddy

Hi

let us know how you get on fitting it fella..........:lol: do you still have the Y brackets in place??

need to change mine but cant get to it - need some longer tools!

be good if you let us know if changing the sensor sorts yr problem and also if you have the link to the ebay site you use.

good luck

cheers,

Lee
Yea i'll let you know how I get on. My mates a mechanic with his own lift and plenty of tools, so we'll see how it goes :?

PulsarLee

Well that isnt such a bad price m8, be good to hear how you get on fitting it and if it cures the problem. You might want to look at the tips on replacing the sensor posted by Pulsey last night.

keep us posted :thumbsup:

Lee

smiddy

Went out for a blast tonight and all's well again. Showing code 55 aswell :der:
I'll still replace sensor though ;-)

smiddy

Code 55 is the all clear...
Yea, I know its the code for all clear, but figure its worth changing anyway.
What else can cause code 34. I replaced plugs on Saturday gapped at 0.7, i had the plugs before that at 0.8, would this make a differance?

antgtir

I also had hesitation issues and finally tracked it down to a faulty MAF. I also had the 34 code pop up so changed it.

All is good now.

Ant.

jspulsar

I'd just like to say ... It may not be that sensor thats causing your problem. I had the exact same problem when i first bought my pulsar, it turned out to just be the leads ..... I also got that code. I've heard of someone else aswell that had a leaking boost pipe ... So before you go ahead and change that sensor, check the things that cost less :)

smiddy

Got this fitted today. My mechanic mate had it done in about 45mins, lots of swearing about the Y bracket but we did as the post on here said and got it moved to the side enough to get at the sensor with the car on the lift and and a few extension bars.
The old sensor that came off had cracked, the car seems to be running fine now (fingers crossed)

PulsarLee

hiya,

good to hear that so far so good :) when you say got it moved to the side, what do you mean? did you remove the Y bracket?

Cheers,

Lee