det sensor

A

another sunny

:twisted: still i have problems.....i fitted a new det sensor on sunday, after removing the oil cooler and the oil filter i could just get a socket on it....seized solid, i managed to pry the plug off and decided to re-site the det sensor ,this i did in a temporary position(near the base of the head-not ideal i know) after running a new longer cable i ran up the car(aftrer re-setting the fault code) only to find it running the same and after checking still a code 34.....really pissed off now all day that took.....fooking car.....if i could have found the matches.....
Any wayi thought maybe there is a problem with with the wire from the ecu...how do i check this or is there anything else i should check?

anyone!

youngsyp

You're not going to like it but, you probably need to run a continuity test on the sensor lead between the ecu and the sensor plug. That'll probably mean going through the same process that you've just been through ! At the same time, you could try to re-earth the sensor and run a new lead to the ecu as a test lead ?! I think it's pin 23 from memory ?!

A

another sunny

thanks, thought as much. Any plug layout or pictures showing the correct pin?
I re-sited the sensor where i can get to it easily so the continuity test will be easy this time!

stumo

the sensor has a 600Kohm resistance when working properly, i don't know the pin number but if you measure the resistance from the correct pin to earth it should be that figure (the resistance of the wires and connections back to earth shouldn't make any difference).

CruiseGTi-R

yeah you're right. But I ran a new earth from the other pin so that in 6 monts time you won't have problems again. Any bits of corrsion between det sensor and block will shag the earth, worth doing while you're there.

A

another sunny

I was just thinking..... my speedo,re counter and fuel guage are working intermittantly (they all work lazily then with high revs and speed work much better) this wouldnt be any thing to do with it?
I just presumed that me speedo set was faulty!