Det sensor code34

turbazz

Absolute bastard bolt
Can't get the new sensor and bolt in..
Too akward!
I cant jus get it to catch the thread..
Need a alternative way..i been trying with extenders and knuckle socket.
Can I bypass it??
Is it reallyy needed

Can you wipe the code completely from the ECU?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
You could bypass it, or mount the sensor elsewhere... but that's really not a good idea. - The sensor is there to detect detonation and cut the engine before it grenades.

You can't clear the fault as long as the circuit is giving the wrong read-back voltage (although a remapped ECU probably has the option to ignore the input).

Nismo_Turbo

Climb on top of the engine, twist your arm underneathe the inlet, position a long thin extension with a UJ fitting and hope for the best.

P.s
Its gonna be a B*****d to put back on....

Ideally it best to remove the Inlet mate from top half.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
How about remove the downpipe (if you have arms like a gorilla and need to) to give more room to access from underneath. Possibly undo cat end of downpipe even and push it out of the way. I'm sure I've touched the det sensor from below with my hand.

johnny gtir

I done it on a mates car from underneath used shit loads of different length extension bars on 1/4 drive inc uj fiddly but can be done
lying on the floor jack car up axle stands. Something tells me i removed drivers side wheel maybe just for space or to reach through past oil filter/cooler to hold extension i can not remember exactly

Last edited:

whytie

I had a mate reach round inlet to turn ratchet while I lay underneath and held the socket on the sensor,