Dawes - fitting - please read

D

DodgeT

ill be fitting my dawes tomorow (when the new brakes are on that is :D )

im guessing that its gona go in the hose that comes off the actuator?

is the general consensus to bypass the boost control solenoid, or just to fit it inline between the actuator & boost solenoid?

i know this has perhaps been asked before, please humour me :D as i neeeed to get it fitted in the morning so that i can attend a scooby meet with me mates :) :)

if anyones got a diagram or pics showing the exact installation, it would be very much appreciated.

thanks.

skiddusmarkus

Well first off fit it before the solenoid and see if that gives an improvement.If not then try it with the solenoid removed(remember to blank off the return to the induction pipe).

GTIR-LOZ

i removed the solenoid totally the pipe that comes off the actuator to the throttle housing i put mine into the right angle facing the actuator, seems fine

J

jasegould

SE Nissan bypassed my solenoid when they fitted my bleed valve

J

J-GTi-R

Powerstation also bypass the solenoid when fitting Dawes Devices.

C

caz

Right. I fitted mine initially with the boost solenoid still there. After about two days (which the fitting instructions say) it smoothed out. But after 2 weeks I started getting a hesitation at about 4thou. So I disconnected the boost solenoid and although it made it a little smoother the prob was still there. So now I fitting uprated spark plugs, HKS S40i's and the Walbro uprated fuel pump. Hopefully this will sort my hesitation but I'm still unsure about the bi-pass of the solenoid.

I'm glad others have done it. I remember a while back a few members saying, and giving good reasons for leaving it connected.

Andy

GTIR-LOZ

it makes the route for the boost pressure shorter removing it, and it says to fit it in the shortest route poss to the actuator

skiddusmarkus

What I'd do is put it where the t peice is but have the T after it.so that the solenoid and actuator are getting a signal.This way you get to keep the solenoid and the dawes is close to the actuator.
Exgtir will be able to tell you best way of doing it as hee understands it better than I do.

C

caz

That was the way I had it first Skids. It was about 5 inchs away from the actuator. I'm not gonna get a chance to drive the car til its back on the road with the new plugs, uprated pump and fuel controller. And I don't really want to play with different fittments til the cars been on the rollers and set up

D

DodgeT

well, i was gonna fit mine between the actuator & the t-piece, but seeing as everything was red hot (cause id just been out bedding me new brakes in), i pulled the hose off the cooler, & stuck it in there.

Set it to 0.7 bar (cause i havent saved money for a clutch yet :( ) & all seems fine.
Nice & easy to get to & adjust for when i do get a new clutch in :twisted: