D2 Coilovers

T

tom_dot_com

Firstly if anyone has an opinion on the quality of these I would very much welcome it. Now ive looked on the UK suplliers website for D2 RS coilovers and the price with front adjustable pillow ball top mounts appears to be £578.72 BARGAIN. However I have read on another forum that they may not come with abs brackets / abs line. What exactly does this mean? NO ABS :oops: ?

cheers guys - tom

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
iirc it means that there is not clip/holder for your brake line to go example

As Sickboy said its a case of cable ties out to hole them in place :thumbsup:

T

tom_dot_com

Might as wel whack this is here:

Doing togo for the D2s which come with adjustable top mounts, is there anything else worth replacing? (bushings, bolts) while i'm at it?

Any particular powerflex bushes that make a difference?

cheers tom

hmmm

People who have D2 Coilovers have said they are way too hard for road use. You might want to consider other alternatives.

coxie

:? :? :? i have the full d2 set up on my car and have to say(aswell as fellow owners on this site)the ride is nowhere near as bad as i/we thought it would be on full coilover setup.

mr gtir has been in my car and actually thought i hadnt bothered to fit the coilovers in the end....8) can't be that hard then

just a matter of setting them up.:-D

hmmm

Wasn't it Rob who said that the car used to get thrown around a bit when he went ever he went over a pot hole or something. Someone on the owners club also mentioned that were not good.

I've never had any experience with them, i'm just typing what i've read. It,s better to get the opinions of those who actually have them like Coxie ;-).

Personally I wouldn't go for them. I just thought I'd mention this to help aid you're decision :thumbsup:.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
The D2's and a few others use 7kg/mm F and 5kg/mm R that depending on your tolerance and roads might be too stiff or might not. The Americans love that type of setting as on their dry smooth tarmac they work fine. For a wet twisty B road, people have been complaining.

Coxie is right in that setup (wheel tyre combo/pressures and damper settings) can have an influence.

Worst case, buy some softer springs ar around £50 a pop.

O

Odin

Now my car is set up properly there not as bad as they once where ;-) , But and it's a big but, I still think that there far to hard for general road use :cry: , Unless the road is very smooth they can be very harsh indeed :cry: .

You also feel every bump or uneven surface you travel over, And most of these I don't even feel at all if I'm in my other car :cry: :doh: , But on the track there very good indeed so I suppose it's the price you have to pay for better track manners :twisted: :thumbsup: .

I'm still thinking of trying some softer springs when I take my car off the road over winter ;-) , Maybe 5kg front and 3 or 4 kg rear.

Rob