cusco/whiteline 4 point lower brace?

nismoboy

which is the best one to go for? ive heard this is a very good mod for the pulsars handling and im really interested in getting one, ive read some previous posts on these and some people say that the cusco brace wont fit if u have a mongoose and some say it will? so whats the score on these?. I read that the cusco 4 point lower brace give u better ground clearance? and the whiteline brace sits too low? My car is on standard springs and shocks so height aint to much of a problem but even still i would like as much clearance as possible incase i decide to lower it in the future. I dont want lots of hassle fitting one of these ie exhaust rattling and bottoming out all the while so whats the best one to go for out of the two which actually fits the car well with out causing probs. cheers nis. also if anyone has any pics of these braces please post so we can all see what the ground clearance is like. thanks

C

Crazy

The cusco brace rattles on the Mongoose at idle on my car but Vpulsar & GTiRspares have them fitted with no probs :)

The Whiteline would deffo sits lower than the Cusco brace but then you have to worry about ground clearance :!:

The do make a nice difference though, pity I sold mine to ashills :(

O

Odin

Crazy said:
but Vpulsar & GTiRspares have them fitted with no probs :)

:(
Not quite right dip5hit :shock: :lol: I have a cusco 2 point brace fitted to mine :wink: .

rob

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I've caught my whitline lower brace a couple of times with the standard suspension, cos it's so damn soft :x and it fit's with the mongoose ok :wink:

Dooie Pop Pop

i had to take my 4point cusco off. i had my goose lagged when fitted and only noticed the rattle after it' d worn through the lagging :oops: im on standard shocks and springs too

imho the few that iv spoke too who' ve had no probs with the brace said they' ve had solid engine mounts to my oe ones which would explain it cos it didnt ratttle all the time only on a certain camber/speed.

pm viking (the guy i sold the brace too) he' ll tell you there was a mark where there exaust had rattled against it :?

jonesgti_r

Had a few small rattles off my whiteline but replaced two of my engine mounts and its sorted. Not caught it on any of the local speed humps so long as you hit them with both wheels at the same time its fine

A

AZ STE

Ive got the Cusco 4 point and I had to heat the Mongoose down pipe and bend it approx 20mm up.The Cusco does fit however when driving the goose slaps it.
With regard to ground clearance using 16" wheels and 30mm drop all around .when driving if theres anything in the road higher than say 3" high you hit it big style so you have to look for bricks and bolders which may be in the road as when you hit one it scares the life out of you.

O

Odin

It also does a good job on bunny's :twisted: .

All you leave behind you is mince :shock:

rob