cusco top mounts with tein ss

jamesgtir

Im having a few problems sorting my castor mod out.

a while back a got some cusco adjustable top mounts to mount onto my tein super streets.
Ive drilled the new hole for the top mount as per the guide. but it appears that on the cusco top mounts the allen key bolts fowl the the edge on the car & i carnt seem to get the adjustment i want.?
Has any one else done the caster mod with cusco topmounts?
I will post pics shortly.
thanks in advance.

jamesgtir

pics

i can only get one allen key bolt in on one side as the other fowls & i carnt push the strut all the way back

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Is the hole in the right place? Even with the damper pushed all the way in board it seems barely off centre. It looks like the top mount needs to be rotated 180degs to make it right but then all your holes are out. Before you make your strut tower like a swiss cheese it's probably worth a double check of what's going on. Sorry I can't be more helpful. I've done Tein and D2 but not Cusco.

P

pulsarboby

had the same prob james when i did it
youll need to grind a bit out the turret so you can get full adjustment

jamesgtir

Is the hole in the right place? Even with the damper pushed all the way in board it seems barely off centre. It looks like the top mount needs to be rotated 180degs to make it right but then all your holes are out. Before you make your strut tower like a swiss cheese it's probably worth a double check of what's going on. Sorry I can't be more helpful. I've done Tein and D2 but not Cusco.
Thanks for the reply campbellju. i will check this tonight. i did follow your guide. rotate the drivers side clockwise & the passenger side anti clockwise. will check it out tho.

P

pulsarboby

unscrew the allum bolts first and move them back, that will give you more adjustment

STU666V

You sure thats on right? Camber should be left to right or front to back for caster and use camber bolts but it looks like your a hole out? Not very clear from the photos? why have you got 4 bolt holes, I know you can do that for caster but not at that angle?

jamesgtir

You sure thats on right? Camber should be left to right or front to back for caster and use camber bolts but it looks like your a hole out? Not very clear from the photos? why have you got 4 bolt holes, I know you can do that for caster but not at that angle?
ive checked tonight & the holes are certainly drilled in the correct place. i understand the pictures are not the best i will up load some shorlty. seems the cusco top mounts are not as easy to use as others.
ive done the mod on the strut top hole (slotting the hole) rather than camber bolts just need to get the top mount so it can be fully inwards before i get the 4 wheel alignment set.

i will get pics up tommorow.

jamesgtir

heres some more pics. i wont be able to look into it tonight. off out to watch the football but will be back on it tommorow evening.

this show how much further i need to go in

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
+1 Good spot Danny. I kept looking at the photo and thinking the same as Stu. Obvious when someone points it out.

jamesgtir

been a while since ive got to update this. big thanks to danny ( top plates were on the wrong sides)
next problem is the thrust washer/bearings from the teins dont fit correctly to the cusco top mounts meaning the spring moved around. any one now where i could get some thrust bearing/ washers made up?