Cusco pillowball topmounts, if you don't have them, get them

youngsyp

Fitted these on Tuesday, got it all set up with just 1 degree of negative camber and the car is like a go-kart. It really has made a lot of different ! Well worth the purchase !!

Changed the track arm and rose jointed rod end (yes another one!) on the OSF, as I thought that was the side with the play. turns out that it was the other side too :cry: . Damn them noises can be misleading ! So, have to do the other side as well now !

On the subject of rose jointed track rod ends, no matter what I do, they keep wearing really quickly, i.e. in less than 6 months < 5k miles ! So, I have contacted the supplier where I get the replacements from to see if they can recommend one or a way of stopping them wearing so quickly ! I'll post up the outcome !

Cheers

Paul

S

snail

Paul, would you be able to do me a massive favour? I need some top down pics of the front strut tower/s with these camber plates installed. Could you take some for me please?

Cheers

youngsyp

snail said:
Paul, would you be able to do me a massive favour? I need some top down pics of the front strut tower/s with these camber plates installed. Could you take some for me please?

Cheers
Sorry mate, don't have access to a digi camera ! What are info are you after ?

S

snail

Just after the amount of clearance you have between the adjusting screws and the hole in the chassis where it comes through. Is it a real toight fit or have you got a fair bit of room?

youngsyp

snail said:
Just after the amount of clearance you have between the adjusting screws and the hole in the chassis where it comes through. Is it a real toight fit or have you got a fair bit of room?

No, it is really tight. The guys who set up the alignment have move the adjusting allen bolts to the 2 middle holes so that they could do them up and not have them fouling the body work.
I have to say that I thought that was very poor design considering they are supposed to be 'designed' for the GTiR :roll:

Cheers

Paul

Nad

youngsyp said:
snail said:

No, it is really tight. The guys who set up the alignment have move the adjusting allen bolts to the 2 middle holes so that they could do them up and not have them fouling the body work.
I have to say that I thought that was very poor design considering they are supposed to be 'designed' for the GTiR :roll:

Cheers

Paul
Yeah I have always wondered why they are so close, almost seem impossible to adjust!

S

snail

Cheers

Paul

Great, thanks for that :D

Do you know if any other brands would be the same in terms of such a tight fit?

Cheers :)

youngsyp

snail said:
Do you know if any other brands would be the same in terms of such a tight fit?

Cheers :)
I'm guessing, it's the same with the Teins. However, you also have the issue of the dramatic ride height change with them :shock: :oops: :cry: If you move the adjustment bolts, you should be alright with the Cusco items :wink:

S

snail

Well I've bought my plates and they arrived today... I've installed them and now I just need a wheel alignment before I go nuts :twisted: :wink:

Thanks heaps for your help fellas :D